Saturday, December 22, 2012


Bethlehem, Palestine,
It's Christmas!!!

Greetings from Bethlehem.  We went there today for the Prayer Service at the Christmas Lutheran Church which was simulcast with the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.  It was a lovely service.  The young people provided the music from the Christmas Church, a violin, guitar, and the bell choir.




Christmas Lutheran Church, Bethlehem, Palestine
Denny and I in front of the entrance to the church.
 Before we went  to the service, we headed to Manger Square to see the Christmas tree in daylight. 
Me by the HUGE tree and Nativity in Manger Square with the Church of the Nativity in the background.

The Alter



The Dome

The Bible
Oops! Can't read it!
Hymnal
Oh no!  It's backwards!



There are 3 verses, but we're stumped! 



The Musicians

This little guy was great!  Was about 5 or 6 years old.  He counted, read the music and played his bells when he was supposed to!  Fun to watch!

Perfect!

 Joy!

I hope those of you who watched the webcast on the Cathedral's website enjoyed it.  I have to wait until they put up the finished copy before I can see it! 
Tomorrow I will be posting pictures of Manger Square with the lights, etc., and other pictures I got today in Bethlehem. 

Peace











1 comment:

  1. these pictures are so great!! I almost feel like I am there! Thanks for sharing with all of us! What an awesome adventure!! I am going to try & watch the service again to see if I see you guys! Hugs, Cora

    ReplyDelete