Monday, March 19, 2012

Hi All,  I'm having a bunch of trouble with my internet connection, so I'll make this posting short and sweet until I get this sorted out!


Here is a picture I took from our terrace...We can see the Tower of David, which is just inside the Jaffa Gate and the wall of the Old City very well.  It's about a 10 minute walk to the Gate.



We arrived on Saturday morning after a long flight from Newark.  Saturday was a blur.  Yesterday, we went to the Old City and walked and walked and walked.  I got a few good photos which I'll try to post now...if it doesn't work this time, I'll get them in soon!
The Wailing Wall
 
Even in the Old City you can be in touch with WIFI!!

The Old City is a fascinating place.  Each quarter is different from the other, you hear different languages, the dress is different, the shops display different items.  We visited a ceramic shop that Denny frequented on his last trip out here 8 years ago and I found a great spice shop to buy all my fresh spices.  Then there was the quiet cafe near the Jaffa Gate for a "cafe ohleh" and some babaganoush.  MMMMM.

Today is sunny and breezy...going out for a walk after lunch. Need to explore the neighborhood.

10 comments:

  1. Nice view for sitting and drinking your coffee in the morning. Love the WiFi signs! Will share the pics with dad sometime this week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to send the babaganoush to Maryland??? It looks heavenly! It sounds like you both are have a great time!
    Peace and joy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful view from your balcony! You both look extremely relaxed! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous view! Really looking forward to your posts....you'll have to take pictures of textiles (rugs???). We'll miss you Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested in the spice shop. Are there dozens of them, in big tins? In wooden barrels? Are the spices weighed out on a scale when you purchase them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, I am glad to see you arrived safe and happy. The photos are wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to send them to us. I will share with mom soon. xo Nelda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you arrived safely. Love the pictures!

    Check out the Fair Trade store in the Armenian quarter - they sell embroidered goods made by women in Bethlehem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab photos! Thanks. Those are, no doubt, Jerusalem artichokes....

    ReplyDelete